God displayed in His mighty creation

God displayed in His mighty creation
double rainbow at my house spring 2010

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its Fall

So I am embracing Fall for all its worth. I so wish I had pictures to share but I don't at the moment. Maybe later on I will take some pictures of the woods in its fall glory.

The weather has actually been warm the past 3 days. I have been working though so I havent been able to enjoy it unfortunatly. :(

The goats are all extra rambunctious and that is probably due to their new smaller digs. This is sad but part of the plan until we can make a new bigger pen. I am rather frustrated at the slow progress though and I wish I had more control over what gets done on a daily basis. But due to my lack of muscles and know how nothing can get done unless my dad and brothers do it. I need to be greatful but it certainly is hard at the moment due to the year long process this is taking!

Hope isn't settling in as fast as I would like. She isnt a total outcast with the herd but she wont accept them as companions. All she wants is me and I am getting rather tired of being her security blanket! She acts like a lost kitten or a baby when I leave her line of sight. All she wants is to be in my way. The little bugger is getting on my nerves! The only thing keeping her here is the fact that I do want to show her. She has great potential but hopefully not more work then it is worth.

Last week I went to look at another doe (this one an adult) and I put a deposit on her. She will stay to be bred and I will pick her up once we are sure she settled. Probably sometime in December.