God displayed in His mighty creation

God displayed in His mighty creation
double rainbow at my house spring 2010

Monday, April 14, 2008

Early April Musings

Oh how I love warm weather! the things I can get accomplished are numerous!

For starters I got half the goat pen cleaned out. That took me 2 days to accomplish. I expect the back pen and the shed to take me a couple more days. It is back breaking work but I enjoy it....maybe I will gain some arm muscules while I am at it, can't beat that. :D

12 days till my first does are due! I can't believe it is almost here! But I certainly am not ready. Still need to clean out the kidding stalls and get my kidding supplies ready. I try to be organized and ready.

Spring life isnt' all about the goats though. The garden preparation is in full swing. Working in the garden with the sun on your back is such an awesome thing, makes me almost giddy with excitement for the warmer days ahead. I missed the garden last year and though it is a lot of work I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Today I was able to finnish making trellis netting for all the trellises. This will make growing tomatoes, beans and squashes much easier as they grow up it instead of all on the ground.

Along with gardening there are short and long trail rides on horse back to be enjoyed. The forrest still looks like winter as you ride on through unless you take it a bit slower and look really close and then you can see the leaf buds on the ends of the huckleberry bushes and brush, in no time the forrest will be bursting alive with bright green color, it is like one day you wake up to it. That always sends a thrill through me.

But until then the anticipation will have to hold me over. There is a lot to anticipate, warm continuous weather, kids, green forrest..........oh how I love spring!