God displayed in His mighty creation

God displayed in His mighty creation
double rainbow at my house spring 2010

Sunday, April 20, 2008

"All in a days work"

The above statement was made by my grandmother as I walked slowly past her deck on my way inside. Darkness had descended a while before and it was getting hard to see simple things.

My brothers and I had worked feverishly to clean out the goatshed as daylight drew to an end, I cleaned up the tools after our hard labor relieved that everything is now ready for kids to arrive. As I dished out feed for each goat I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel. So as they ate I was off to the shed, first to take some old lumber to the pile, then inside to grab a hook to fix the hay manger. I placed the bags of feed in the wheel barrow and back to the goats. I am mixing feed to save money so as the girls enjoyed the alfalfa pellets I gave them I scooped out feed and mixed it by hand in the barrel. Now we are past dusk as I grab water buckets, dump them and start scubbing. As the last little flicker of light is going I am able to see enough to know that each bucket is full of clean fresh water I put the scrub brush away, grab the fly spray bottle and its refil concentrate and off into the house. Not enough light to read the mixing directions, will have to do that inside.

Yes she is right.........."it's all in a days work"