God displayed in His mighty creation

God displayed in His mighty creation
double rainbow at my house spring 2010

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh how I love spring!

Spring has come! The grass is getting greener the goats are getting wider and the fencing is being built. Yup we have some major fence construction going on. Our whole entire yard has to be refenced and my parents decided on picket fencing. It is going to look so nice when finnished but it is going to be a long project till done.

Also in the works is a whole new pen for the goats and an addition on there shelter to make it into a barn. The new pen was started by myself last year but I ran out of steam with no extra man power. So this year my dad said he would help me out if I was willing to give up some of their current pen to give to the dogs. To me it was a nobrainer of a yes. There new pen will be 5 times bigger then their current pen.

Did a round of worming on the goaties today. I checked all their eyelids and there were light pink to very pale depending on the goat. A few of them need a follow up in 7-10 days. I love the never ending stuff about goats, keeps life going. I always wonder where I would be without them, probably not living an enjoyable life thats for sure. They certainly keep me going.

I guess some of you maybe wondering what draws me to goats. That is an honest question. Really it started out as a responsibilty 11 years ago and it grew to a love. Why? because goats dont talk back when you yell at them out of frustration, they don't get mad because you cried the entire time you were milking them. They could careless if you were dressed properly for the day or not as long as you give them a pet and a scratch and the all important grain for the day. They each have a personality that is unique to them. Shy, quiet, reserved, outgoing, bossy, prissy, bratty, just to name a couple. Each goat is more of a friend then an animal.