God displayed in His mighty creation

God displayed in His mighty creation
double rainbow at my house spring 2010

Friday, March 21, 2008

Musings

I guess some background would be good for the beginning.



My six does are: Destiny, Aspen, Mia, Misty, Flicka & Sweet Pea. Jasper is my adorable wether.



*******************

All 6 does are pregnant right now and due in less then 6 weeks. They already have cute baby bellies and it is getting me so excited to know what they have.

what does this all mean for me? Means I check each day for the movement of babies. Have you ever felt life move when unborn? It is the most awesome thing ever. Not every time can I feel the kid/s moving but I usualy get to feel it at least once per doe. 5 months takes forever! well of course not forever, but I don't have patience.

Despite my impatience I do enjoy this time. I try to soak in the moments that will pass all to quickly. Right now I am just so happy Sweet Pea is warming up to me after almost 7 months, pregnancy suits her well. ;)

In other news I was thrilled to have won on ebay a beautiful brandnew steal milking stand. This will make trimming hooves so much easier. Ok so how does a milking stand help with trimming hooves you ask? Haha well it is a stand that also has an attachement to restrain their head - basically helps to hold them still and brings them up to my level to reach their hooves. A wonderful contraption that costs over 200.00 but I was able to get for less! It should arrive within the next week. Once it arrives I will add pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Of course it will be useful in the milking of Sweet Pea my miniture dairy goat.